Trunk or Treat is a family friendly event that takes place on Halloween evening from 4-6p.m. on Hayward’s Main Street between Frandsen Bank and the Post Office. Instead of going door to door, children trick or treat car to car. Cars are decorated, people dress up and candy is passed out. This is a great opportunity to get involved in the community and give children memories that will last them a lifetime.
TRUNKS ARE NEEDED! Please register your trunk here.
Important Information for those providing a trunk:
· Setup is from 3:30-4:00 p.m. Sunday, October 31st.
· Please back your vehicle into a parking space with your trunk facing the sidewalk. Decorate your trunk, dress up and be prepared for trick or treaters to start arriving at 4:00.
· Decorations and costumes must NOT be scary. This is a family event for children of all ages. It is meant to be fun and light hearted, not scary. We will ask you to remove anything that could be scary to a young child.
· Please bring enough candy to serve around 1,000 children. Candy must be individually, factory wrapped. No loose, unwrapped candy. We will have extra candy on hand should you run out.
· Feel free to promote your business or organization via signs on your vehicle, decorations or uniforms. We ask that you do not hand out any promotional items ie. tracks, brochures, business cards, etc. Please only give children candy unless you have permission from the organizers to hand out other items like toothbrushes from the dental clinic or baby food from the new life center.
Let’s have a fun, safe evening that brings lots of smiles, laughter and joy to the children of Hayward.
We’ll see you at Trunk or Treat!