What is Celebrate Recovery?
Celebrate Recovery is open to anyone. It begins at 5:30 pm every Tuesday night with a simple meal, followed by a short time of worship/music, large group teaching, and then breaking into small groups.
Celebrate Recovery a Christ-centered, 12-step program based on the 8 principles in the Beatitudes to help us with our hurts, habits or hang-ups. A hurt, habit, or hang-up is something that hinders our walk with God.
The feeling of being HURT is an emotional reaction to another person’s behavior or to a disturbing situation (abuse, abandonment, codependency, divorce, relationship issues, etc.). A HABIT is an addiction to someone or something (alcoholism, drugs, food, gambling, sex, shopping, smoking, etc.). HANG-UPS are negative mental attitudes that are used to cope with people or adversity (anger, depression, fear, unforgiveness, etc.).
These life problems can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones. Healing is available through applying the principles of a Bible based recovery process to our lives.
This is a unique recovery Program
- Celebrate Recovery is based on God’s Word, the Bible.
- Celebrate Recovery emphasizes spiritual commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Celebrate Recovery is forward looking.
- Celebrate Recovery emphasizes personal responsibility in order to grow spiritually and emotionally.
- Celebrate Recovery addresses all types of hurts, habits, and hang-ups.
Celebrate Recovery Is:
- A refuge
- A place of belonging
- A place to experience God’s Love
- A place to care for others and be cared for
- A place where respect is given to each member
- A place confidentiality is highly regarded
- A place that is loving & non-judgmental
- A place to demonstrate genuine love
- A place to grow and become strong again
- A place for progress
- A safe place where you can take off your mask and allow others to know you