The Wesleyan Church finds its roots in John Wesley and the early Methodist leaders in America. Historically, Wesleyans have always been at the forefront of commitment to the doctrines of salvation by faith and holy living. (Read more here…..)
Hayward Wesleyan Church has a history dating back to a tent meeting in 1924. In 1925, the church organized with eleven charter members. Our original church building on Fifth St, & Minnesota Ave. was erected in 1894 and purchased from the Scandinavian Methodists in 1943.
Since the early 1990’s, we have experienced tremendous growth. We moved into our current location in 1996.
Hayward Wesleyan Church is a part of The Wesleyan Church denomination with headquarters located in Indianapolis, Indiana. There are more than 3,000 local churches in 30 countries world-wide.